The approach of WDT lays emphasis on strengthening community based organizations and ensuring gender equity across all its sector interventions.
- Considers people to be the main actors in their development process and ensures their active involvement and leadership in various programme interventions.
- Believes in multi-sectoral approach for the all round progress of poor people in rural areas. Therefore WDT works in all the significant areas of development ensuring access to quality education, improving livelihoods, ecology and environment development, equal opportunities for persons with disabilities, women’s development and empowerment and access to health care services.
- Works at the grass roots organizing women, men and people with disabilities into self-help groups to build up their strength, confidence and ability to tackle their own issues and problems.
- Constantly creates awareness and imparts knowledge and skills in all aspects of life catering to changing needs of people and meeting challenges.
- Collaborates with government and like-minded NGOs so that people can get the maximum benefit in their progress and development and it facilitates and supports people to be aware of and access all Govt. schemes/resources & services.
- Focuses on the progress of women in every sector-intervention such as girls’ literacy, well being of women and girls’ health etc., and has a special sector for progress and development of women.
- Believes in strengthening HRD through trainings and orientations focusing on development, leadership, group building, counselling/facilitation skills, gender, project cycle management (PCM) and other developmental aspects both for staff and people.
- Believes in having a strong organization capable of intervening in any given area whenever need arises including natural calamities and other emergency conditions;
- And also to be a dynamic organization which always works for the cause of poor and needy and has the capacity to be flexible and ready to cater to their changing needs.
- Initiates dialogue with people to evolve programs which are useful and practical for their progress and development.
- Adopts an empathetic approach to help individuals suffering from severe distress due to chronic/acute sickness, abandonment or abuse of any kind.